Garbage Collection, Yard Waste
The City has twice weekly rear-door collection. The collection guidelines follow:
- ALL garbage collections are on Tuesdays and Fridays, with the following exceptions:
- Waste Management observes the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- A collection will be made up (a) where an observed holiday is on a Monday, all collections will be made on (1) day later that entire week, and (b) where the holiday is to be observed on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, then those remaining collections will be made on (1) day later that week.
- Garbage or yard waste cannot be placed at street prior to 7:00 p.m. on day prior to collection and all cans must be removed by 7:00 p.m. on collection day.
- Three 30-gallon containers (or equivalent) are the limit at the rear of the residence or the curb, whichever the resident may choose. However, if unusual circumstances such as moving in or out, cleaning out a basement or a garage or the like, warrant additional services on occasion, Waste Management agrees to make these reasonable additional pickups, but these containers shall be placed at the curb for pickup. This extra service does not apply to scrap iron, concrete blocks, building materials, discarded appliances, or other heavy articles. Residents may make arrangements for removal of such articles with Contractor at a fair charge to be agreed upon between the resident and Waste Management. Note: A large, wheeled, 96-gallon container is available to rent from Waste Management at a cost of $6.90 per quarter ($2.30 per month). If you use this container, it must be wheeled to the curb. They will not pick it up at your residence like they will the smaller containers.
- Yard Waste will be picked up, at the curb, on Mondays throughout the year. No Yard Waste collection at the Condominiums.
- Yard Waste includes nearly all materials suitable for composting, and includes grass, leaves, twigs, small limbs, plant residue, and the like. A maximum of twelve (12) bags, cans or bundles will be picked up at one time. Bags must be paper or biodegradable plastic beginning Jan. 1, 2015.
- Yard Waste may not be commingled with garbage. If it is mixed, it will neither be picked up as yard waste nor as garbage.
- Christmas trees will be removed each year on the regular pickup schedule and there is no special preparation required, such as cutting into certain lengths or tying into bundles. Christmas trees shall be placed at the curb.
- Recycling is being offered every other Wednesday at the curb. Bins were distributed to all residents. If you would like/need a bigger container, you can use a trash can (of your choice) that is clearly marked "Recycle". The City is in the process of determining what course it will take moving forward.
- Recyclable materials consist of newsprint, glass, aluminum cans, bi-metal cans, and plastic coded No. 1 thru No. 6, and such other items generally considered as recyclable.
Effective July 1, 2017, the City entered into a new garbage collection contract with Waste Management Inc., our current contractor.